Stunning contemporary rural retreat near Brampton and Carlisle
Built in 2008, Heads Nook Hall Cottage is a luxury holiday cottage sleeping four that is the eight-acre grounds of Heads Nook Hall, a fabulous early Victorian B&B near Castle Carrock, Gretna Green, the Lake District and Hadrian’s Wall.
Stylish accommodation provides a modern fitted kitchen and two bedrooms, one king sized and another with two singles, a distinctive hexagonal lounge with 180-degree views, a home cinema system with a 42″ plasma screeen and a log effect stove. There’s wifi throughout, and full central heating, underfloor in the lounge. In summer months the patio is a highlight, with access from the kitchen and lounge it is ideal for barbeques and dining al fresco.
The whole cottage is level and very accessible for those of limited mobility. While for those with more mobility there are eight acres of gardens and woodlands to explore. As a property owned and run by Heads Nook Hall B&B there’s every chance of booking yourself in for breakfast in the main house for a truly restful stay.
Heads Nook Hall suggests
Helicopter landing is available at the main house. Otherwise Heads Nook Hall Cottage is only ten minutes from junction 43 of the M6.
- Children by Arrangement
- Dogs by Arrangement
- Free off-street parking
- Free Wifi
- Swimming Pool
- Bird Watching
- Museums & Galleries
- National Park
- Nature Reserve, Wildlife Park/Area
- Places of Historical Interest
- Opening Times: open year round
- Tel: +44 (0) 1228 562 466
- Price Range: from £523/week
From £525 per week, with three-night stays on offer year-round. Check availability here.
LocationThis is the ideal stopping off point for journeys north and south, but it is also a fabulous location for spending time discovering this beautiful part of the UK. Just seven miles from Carlisle and four from Hadrian’s Wall, it is well positioned for exploring the Lake District and the Northumberland National Parks. The area offers something for all interests, with castles, Roman forts, museums and lots more.
AccreditationsTripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2017 -2019
- Bio : A hearty, freshly cooked breakfasts are served in true Wolsey Lodge style in the elegant wood-panelled dining room. Breakfasts here will certainly set guests up for the day, whether they are staying to explore the locale or continuing their journey. As a bonus, complimentary visitor access to the local leisure centre’s swimming pool is available and there are also three golf courses within 5 miles.