Johnby Hall, The Garden BarnJohnby Hall, Johnby, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 0UU, England
The Garden Barn
Ideal for a couple on their own or a family of two adults and up to three children, our new Garden Barn was completed in 2016. It has two bedrooms, a shower room and a lovely big sitting room and kitchen.
Cool and airy in the summer, the Garden Barn is also cosy in winter, with heating provided by our own biomass boiler. The kitchen is well-equipped with everything you’re likely to need. Perhaps the first thing to do here is to sample some of Johnby Hall’s own produce. As well as sausages and bacon from our pigs, we can supply jams and marmalades made with fruit from our orchard, and eggs from our free-range chickens. There’s also a lovely big sitting room, fast wifi and TV if required.
Bedroom one has a king-sized bed with a memory foam mattress. Bedroom two has an L-shaped bunk and a range of toys and books for children. An extra inflatable bed, cot or toddler bed can be made available for a third child.
The Garden Barn is very accessible. The flat has level access and only two interior step. The shower room is modern with a level access shower. Dogs are welcome free of charge, and can be walked off the lead in our woodland.
- Building of Historical Interest
- Children by Arrangement
- Dinner by Arrangement
- Dogs by Arrangement
- Free Wifi
- National Park
- Places of Historical Interest
- Opening Times: open all year
- Tel: +44 (0) 1768 483 257
- Price Range: from £445/week
Self Catering: The Garden Barn
Per full week - £445 - £670
Short break prices also available - from £320
Full rate list here
Johnby Hall is located near Penrith in Cumbria with the Lake District National Park’s fells, dales, and lakes on the doorstep. Wolsey Lodge guests will enjoy the many tourist attractions such as lake steamers, historic houses, gardens, castles and the many events, craft fairs and festivals take place locally throughout the year in this part of Cumbria.
Henry & Anna Howard
- Bio : Your hosts Henry and Anna Howard are both part-time professional musicians – Henry is a tenor and Anna is a harpist and soprano. (Musical guests feel especially at home here, and can enjoy playing the pianos in the Studio and great hall.) Henry, Anna, and their young family are dedicated to ensuring a warm and friendly welcome for their B&B guests and helping them to appreciate all that the Lake District, Cumbria and Yorkshire has to offer.