Firs Farm is perfectly located in Wensleydale, at the heart of the Yorkshire Dales, a region rich with limestone outcrops, fantastic castles and ancient abbeys. This is an ideal base for exploring by car, cycle, on foot or even horseback. It is just three miles from the charming market town of Masham which is lucky enough to have two breweries and an artisan gin refinery, Spirit of Masham, where you can blend your own tipple. Apart from the market on Wednesdays and Saturdays Masham has a Steam Rally in July and a Sheep Fair in September. Year round it has a range of restaurants, from Michelin star to pub grub or cafes. Ripon, with its cathedral, is close by, while Harrogate and York are within easy reach.
Firs FarmHealey, Ripon, North Yorkshire, HG4 4LH, England
A working-farm welcome in the heart of the Dales
Share this idyllic period property with sheep, hens and horses in the Nidderdale AONB. Firs Farm is a traditional Grade II listed farmhouse with barns dating back to the 14th Century, with glorious views across the valley to the heather moors. It offers traditional farmhouse accommodation with lots of extra luxury touches: cakes on arrival, locally-sourced breakfasts and unexpected comforts. It’s truly beyond a home from home.
Guests here have their own separate entrance giving a high degree of privacy. Your own set of stairs lead up to the guest bedrooms. Bedroom One has a feature fireplace and a window seat, a super king sized bed (that can be twinned) and an en-suite shower room. Bedroom Two also has a window seat with a bed that can be super king or twin: it has a spacious and private bathroom just across the landing. Bedroom Three has a king sized bed and en-suite shower. All rooms can be fitted with feather or fibre duvets and pillows as required and every need is catered for: bathrobes, toiletries and fluffy towels, TVs and hospitality trays are provided and there’s wifi throughout.
A private staircase leads to the downstairs area that is also just for guests. There’s a spacious living room with TV and an open log-burning fire, and a private garden. There’s also a light and airy dining room with flexible seating for Firs Farm’s famous breakfasts, with many ingredients coming straight from the farm and all resolutely local. All types of diet can be catered for – though a little warning is appreciated.
Firs Farm B&B suggests
The Yorkshire Dales are at your door in this traditional working-farm B&B with additional touches of luxury.
- Building of Historical Interest
- Dogs by Arrangement
- Free off-street parking
- Free Wifi
- Packed Lunch
- Places of Historical Interest
- Opening Times: open all year
- Tel: +44 1765 688 910
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mob: +44 7711 209 956
- Price Range: from £100
Room rates, based on two sharing, including breakfast - £100-130
Single occupancy, including breakfast - £80-95
Packed lunches (ordered the day before) - from £7 pp
Richard & Sarah Townsend
- Bio : Your hosts are Richard and Sarah Townsend, who took to B&B after their children left home, leaving them rattling around a huge farmhouse, which is situated in a peaceful location and stunning views across the valley. Now they love sharing their local knowledge and introducing new friends to the Yorkshire Dales and their busy working farm. March is the usual lambing month and you're welcome to participate in the fun. They love dogs - and have several - and welcome well-behaved pets but of course these should not be left unattended. As keen walkers, Sarah and Richard can offer plenty of advice, maps, and packed lunches if required.