A wonderful luxury lodge, whose hosts go above and beyond..
Be it the fantastic welcome, the individually styled bedrooms, the exquisite home-baked treats, and food. You are sure to thoroughly enjoy your time being well looked after by your bed and breakfast hosts!
This quintessentially English home, dating back to the Victorian era and Grade II listed, is a haven of restful ambiance and exceptional standards.
It resides in the centre of Matlock and offers the standard of a great Derbyshire hotel but with that personal touch. Glendon House offers the ideal base to explore the stunning scenery, history and outdoor pursuits that our county and the Peak District have to offer.
All five rooms are en-suite and fully furnished with an extensive range of modern facilities alongside quality bed and bath linens. The sitting room is a favourite with all guests, be it any time of year, with lovely garden views, board games, and numerous books.
Your hosts believe that food should be simple, wholesome and delicious, with a wide choice of options alongside more traditional breakfasts. Their menu is varied and can cater for a variety of dietary requirements that their guests may have, they source from a community of local suppliers who are passionate about the produce and drink they sell. A must visit during your stay in Derbyshire!
- Building of Historical Interest
- Children by Arrangement
- Electric Vehicle Charger
- Free Wifi
- Museums & Galleries
- National Park
- Places of Historical Interest
- Opening Times: open all year
- Tel: +44 (0) 1629 584 732
- Price Range: from £85
Room rate, based on 2 people sharing, including breakfast
1 King Size (5') Four Poster B&B Room (en suite) - £105
1 Super King (6')/Twin B&B Rooms (en suite) - £95
1 King Size (5') B&B Room (en suite) - £95
1 Family King Size (5') & bunks (en suite) - £130
Single Occupancy - £65 - £75
Discounted Rates on 4 nights or more
The glorious former spa town of Matlock’s fascinating history and splendid surroundings are reason enough for fans of Wolsey Lodges to visit.
Much beckons too for the outdoor enthusiast, including cycling, walks, and village trails which are all in reach of our accommodation in Derbyshire.
"Excellent service, lovely room, something that will be found in Glendon Guest House"
Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2019, Tripadvisor Hall of Fame Certificate of Excellence 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, Food Hygience Rating 5
- Bio : Your host here is Adrian, a former nurse and teacher in the NHS, who has lived in Matlock since renovating and opening Glendon in 2012 but whose love of the area extends far back. Enjoying the countryside is combined with a fascination for history and an enthusiasm for gardening plus a keen respect for the environment. Nothing is too much trouble, from providing early breakfasts for guests who are keen walkers and travellers, to making dinner reservations for Wolsey Lodge guests at the many very popular local restaurants and hostelries. Just let your host know how we can help when booking your stay.