Carricks at The HuntsmanElsing Road, Swanton Morley, Dereham, Norfolk, NR20 4JT, England
This suite of rooms has emerged from the shell of the former stables and John remembers the family’s horses being tethered here when he was a lad.
It is perfect for a more self-contained stay on the farm. The beautiful vaulted sitting room features a wood-burner for those crisp autumn, winter and spring nights. There is a baronial double bed, a smart bathroom and a fully fitted kitchen.
The front door gives onto the charming little courtyard whilst another double doorway leads you to the gardens and to the river, the most idyllic place to have a picnic or a barbecue in those long summer evenings. On site parking
- Building of Historical Interest
- Children by Arrangement
- Free Wifi
- Bird Watching
- Places of Historical Interest
- Water Activities
- Opening Times: open all year
- Tel: +44 (0) 1362 638 302
- Price Range: from £90
Minimum 2-night booking
Up to 2 persons
From £90 per night
Well behaved dogs and on leads at £25.00 per dog per stay.We have geese, chickens and ducks plus, of course, a large number of cattle
Any four legged visitors to the farm have to appreciate that they cannot chase the residents.
DIY Farm breakfast pack for two - £12.00
Meat packs from our own Farm butchery
Booking: please contact us for more information. Check in 4.30pm and check out by 11am
This is the ideal place for rest and relaxation or to explore a beautiful part of Norfolk. Dereham and Norwich are nearby and the Broads and the North Norfolk Coast less than an hour. Sporting enthusiasts can enjoy walking, cycling, canoeing, fishing and it’s perfect for bird watching or painting. With numerous gardens and National Trust properties, museums, steam railways, abbeys and cathedrals to explore, there’s something here for all the family to enjoy.
John & Jean Carrick
- Bio : John and Jean Carrick are passionate about the environment and sustainability, and they farm rare breed animals and poultry under Higher Level Stewardship. A warm welcome, fabulous food, first-hand insight into this stunningly beautiful area, plus recommendations for places and local hostelries to visit, (including their own) are just a few of the reasons why guests return time and again to this excellent luxury, eco-friendly farmhouse B&B.