A working Georgian farmhouse with glorious views
This elegant farmhouse dates back to 1720 and has been thoroughly and sympathetically restored by its current owners, providing superbly comfortable guest accommodation in what is still a working farm and family home. Open fireplaces, antique furnishings and original period features are brought together by beautiful wallpapers and decorations, providing a soothing and comfortable home from home.
There are just three guest bedrooms here, a super-king double and a twin/superking, both with ensuite baths and overhead showers, and a standard double with a large en-suite walk-in shower. Each is beautifully decorated, with large sash windows giving glorious views of the farmland and estate. Luxury cotton sheets and goose down duvets are standard, and each room has a range of different teas and ground coffees, a TV, USB charger, and wifi – though wifie is strongest in the dining room.
Breakfast is a serious affair at Brills Farm, and is served either in the family dining room or under the old oak tree if the weather is kind. Home produced bacon, eggs from Brills Farm chickens, field mushrooms and fresh tomatoes are all set off with mounds of AGA cooked toast. Special dietary requirements can all be catered for (with notice), alongside fresh fruit salads, yogurts and a variety of cereals and granolas. Each week features special items on the menu, such as smoked salmon, pain au chocolat or Scotch pancakes.
Brills Farm suggest
Bring your horse. We have internal stabling with a choice of bedding (Aubiose or Straw), a grass turnout and good hardcore parking. Hacking is around the farm, along quiet country lanes and through the woodlands bordering our farm.
- Building of Historical Interest
- Dogs by Arrangement
- Free off-street parking
- Free Wifi
- Places of Historical Interest
- Water Activities
- Opening Times: closed at Christmas & New Year
- Tel: +44 (0) 1636 892 311
- Mob: +44 (0)7947 136 228
- Price Range: from £110
Price per room, per night, based on two sharing, including breakfast - £110
Dog kennel £5 per night
Stabling £25 per stable per night
Grass turnout £15 per horse per day
Check in time: from 5.00pm
Check out time: 10.30am
The farmhouse is surrounded by extensive woodlands and an enchanting lake, ideal for walks or hacks on horseback. In every direction there are National Trust properties to visit, while Lincoln, with its stunning castle and cathedral, is an easy 20-minute drive. Local events include Newark International Antiques fair, Belton International horse trials and evening racing at Southwell Racecourse. The immediate area is rich with lakes for watersports and opportunities to hike and bike, while it's a 20-minute drive to the areas latest highlight, the newly relaunched Bomber Command centre in Lincoln.
"What a wonderful place, I intend to recommend to all"
Dr R Mayne, Ireland
Visit England Gold Award, Visit England Breakfast Award, Visit England 4 Star Farmhouse
Charlie & Sophie White
- Bio : Your hosts here are Charlie and Sophie White, helped by their four children. All are well versed in the tradition of hospitality and make every effort to ensure that your stay is relaxing and comfortable. Accommodation is not just for human guests: there are kennels for dogs and stables for horses, including bedding of Aubiose or straw. Sophie cooks the breakfasts: as a well-travelled and accomplished chef she creates lavish morning feasts using locally-sourced ingredients. Brills Farm is a working farm but the atmosphere in the house is elegant and civilised, a true oasis of calm.