A 17th century mansion that welcomes guests like friends
Owners Nigel and Robina welcome you to Langrish House, home to seven generations of the Talbot-Ponsonby family. Enjoy a stay at this historic B&B, nestled in a landscape of extraordinary beauty in the heart of the South Downs National Park. There are beautiful woodland walks from our doorstep – ideal for four-legged friends – and countless attractions nearby. Langrish House gives you the chance to stay in an idyllic Country House that feels like visiting close (and favoured) relatives.
There are 12 guest B&B bedrooms, each individually decorated and with beautiful views over the extensive grounds. All have en-suite facilities, there’s wifi throughout and have every comfort you could possibly need. Various bedrooms have been themed, often being named after previous occupants in preceding generations. Two have a special ‘night sky’ ceiling, allowing guests to sleep under the stars which gently fade as you fall off to sleep.
Guests are welcome to enjoy the elegant drawing room with a wood fire, sit on the glorious terrace with views over the grounds or wander round the extensive gardens. Breakfasts are served in a light and airy breakfast room. For evening meals there are two nearby gastro-pubs and a wide choice of restaurants within a few miles drive.
Langrish B&B suggests
Langrish House was mentioned in the Domesday Book and has been a manor house since the 1640’s. The vaults below were dug by Royalist prisoners captured at the Battle of Cheriton in 1644. The house has been in the same family since 1842.
- Building of Historical Interest
- Children by Arrangement
- Disabled Access
- Dogs by Arrangement
- Electric Vehicle Charger
- Free off-street parking
- Free Wifi
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- Packed Lunch
- Adventure Park
- Air Sports (gliding/ballooning etc)
- Bird Watching
- Local Park
- Museums & Galleries
- National Park
- Nature Reserve, Wildlife Park/Area
- Places of Historical Interest
- Train Station
- Opening Times: All year except over Christmas and New Year
- Tel: +44 (0) 1730 266 941
- Price Range: from £135
PricingWolsey Lodge guests are offered accommodation in Langrish House's 3 Superior or 2 Executive rooms. Rates are per room for two people on a bed and breakfast basis. Sunday to Thursday - From £135 Fridays and Saturdays - From £145 Seasonal offers can be found on the Langrish House website.
LocationLangrish House is just outside Petersfield in the heart of the South Downs National Park. It is, of course, easily reached by car but it's lucky enough to be on a bus route, the number 67 which stops outside the front entrance, allowing easy access to Petersfield and Winchester. Langrish House also has its own Helipad for guests choosing to arrive in style. The house is perfectly placed to explore the glorious gardens, pretty villages and glorious beaches of Hampshire . There are countless ancient forests, bustling market towns and imposing castles to explore.
Nigel & Robina Talbot-Ponsonby
- Bio : Nigel and Robina Talbot-Ponsonby welcome all guest to Langrish House, their family home for seven generations. While they are your hosts, professional staff are on hand to prepare the lavish breakfasts, beautifully presented in the breakfast room with views over the grounds. Langrish House is especially dog-friendly: visiting hounds are treated to their own bowls, embossed Langrish House medallions to pin to their collars through their stay, and their own balls to play with during their visit - and to take home at the end. All enjoy the beautiful woodland walks that start at the doorstep.