A 17th century mansion that welcomes guests like friends
Owners Nigel and Robina welcome you to Langrish House, home to seven generations of the Talbot-Ponsonby family. Enjoy a stay at this historic destination, nestled in a landscape of extraordinary beauty in the heart of the South Downs National Park. There are beautiful woodland walks from our doorstep – ideal for four-legged friends – and countless attractions nearby. Langrish House gives you the chance to stay in an idyllic Country House that feels like visiting close (and favoured) relatives.
There are 12 guest bedrooms, each individually decorated and with beautiful views over the extensive grounds. All have en-suite facilities, there’s wifi throughout and have every comfort you could possibly need. Various bedrooms have been themed, often being named after previous occupants in preceding generations. Two have a special ‘night sky’ facility, allowing guests to sleep under the stars – especially effective when the central heating is belting out full under a clear winter night.
Guests at Langrish aren’t confined to their rooms. Guests are welcome to enjoy the elegant drawing room with a wood fire, sit on the glorious terrace with views over the grounds or wander round the extensive gardens. Breakfasts are served in a light and airy breakfast room. There is also the chance to look for ghosts in the extensive vaults, dug under the main house by Royalist prisoners during England’s Civil War. For evening meals there are two gastro-pubs within easy walking distance and a wide choice of restaurants within a few miles drive.
- Building of Historical Interest
- Children by Arrangement
- Disabled Access
- Dogs by Arrangement
- Free Wifi
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- Places of Historical Interest
- Opening Times: open all year
- Tel: +44 (0) 1730 266 941
- Price Range: from £125
Wolsey Lodge guests are offered accommodation in Langrish House's seven Superior or Executive rooms.
Rates are per room for two people on a bed and breakfast basis.
Sunday to Thursday - £125
Fridays and Saturdays - £155
Seasonal offers can be found on the Langrish House website.
Langrish House is set just outside Petersfield in the heart of the South Downs National Park, within easy walking distance of two gastro-pubs. It is, of course, easily reached by car but it's lucky enough to be on two bus routes: numbers 17 and 67 both stop outside the front drive, allowing easy access to Petersfield and the rail network, Alresford or Wiltshire. At the other end of the scale Langrish also has its own Helipad for guests choosing to arrive in style. The lodge is perfectly placed to explore the glorious gardens, pretty villages and glorious beaches of the Hampshire countryside. There are countless ancient forests, bustling market towns and imposing castles to explore.
Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2019
Nigel & Robina Talbot-Ponsonby
- Bio : Nigel and Robina Talbot-Ponsonby welcome all guest to Langrish House, their family home for seven generations. While they are your hosts, professional staff are on hand to prepare the lavish breakfasts, beautifully presented in the breakfast room with views over the grounds. Langrish House is especially dog-friendly: visiting hounds are treated to their own bowls, embossed Langrish House medallions to pin to their collars through their stay, and their own balls to play with during their visit - and to take home at the end. All enjoy the beautiful woodland walks that start at the doorstep.