The rooms, the facilities, the food … simply perfect
A large hall and sweeping staircase lead to the generously proportioned and classically decorated bed and breakfast guest bedrooms, with en-suite bath/shower rooms. There are hidden fridges and antique furniture cleverly mixed with the contemporary. Entertainment systems, luxurious bathrooms, toiletries, linens, fresh flowers and hospitality trays offer understated luxury and style.
You will arrive at this elegant Georgian farmhouse through listed granite gateposts and along the winding drive. Situated on a working farm, between the villages of Lydford and Brentor, near Tavistock, part of the Dartmoor National Park, this Wolsey Lodge has views over Dartmoor, accompanied by lawns and wildflower-carpeted woods.
A splendid vista in which to relax and unwind, either in the garden or in the cooler months a roaring log fire in the drawing room. A tennis court and heated swimming pool, plus a games room complete with skittles, are also available for guests to take advantage of.
Remarkably good breakfasts are served in the dining room, where B&B guests can also enjoy fabulous dinners, by prior arrangement. Produce from the farm and locally sourced ingredients are used where possible.
- Building of Historical Interest
- Children by Arrangement
- Dinner by Arrangement
- Dogs by Arrangement
- Free Wifi
- Swimming Pool
- National Park
- Places of Historical Interest
- Opening Times: open all year
- Tel: +44 (0) 1822 820 443
- Mob: +44 (0)7881 583471
- Price Range: from £75
Room rate, based on 2 people sharing, including breakfast
3 Super King (6') B&B Rooms (en suite) - £95 - £110
Single Supplement - £75
Discounted Rates on 2 nights or more
Dinner (3 courses) - £30
Outdoor enthusiasts are spoilt for choice here. Head east to explore Dartmoor by foot or mountain bike; drive south for the delights of Tavistock and the beauty of the Tamar Valley. Further on, explore fishing villages on the south coast and the cathedral city of Exeter. North is Cornwall’s rugged coastline or venture west to The Eden Project and the Lost Gardens of Heligan. National Trust properties abound.
Visit England Gold Award, Visit England 5 Star B&B
Tim & Victoria Cunningham
- Bio : Tim and Victoria upped sticks from careers in London to farm and raise their family in Devon. The 250-acre organic farm has sheep (guests are welcome to help feed lambs) and suckler cows. Victoria is a very accomplished cook, and with Tim enjoys an outdoor life, riding, cycling, tennis, shooting and sailing when they have spare time. Their exceptional hospitality skills result in a high proportion of return visitors, so early booking is advisable.
- Bed & Breakfast