The Farmhouse is one of three well-appointed farm cottages are perfect for family holidays in Devon. They share the facilities of Burnville Farm, with its games room including skittles and pool, tennis court and heated outdoor pool, but add little extras: private indoor swimming pools and gardens of their own. Catering for between six and eleven guests, choose the property that best suits your party.
The farmhouse is perhaps the ultimate story-book rural home, amid barns and animals. It has its own secluded garden leading down to a stream but this is 20 yards across the farmyard, making you really feel a part of a working farm. Inside there are slate- and quarry-tiled floors, exposed beams and open fireplaces, truly living up to its history but with all the comforts you could possibly desire.
For more specifics about these cottages take a look at Burnville Farm’s own website.
- Building of Historical Interest
- Children by Arrangement
- Dinner by Arrangement
- Dogs by Arrangement
- Free off-street parking
- Free Wifi
- Swimming Pool
- National Park
- Places of Historical Interest
- Opening Times: open all year
- Tel: +44 (0) 1822 820 443
- Mob: +44 (0)7881 583471
Outdoor enthusiasts are spoilt for choice here. Head east to explore Dartmoor by foot or mountain bike; drive south for the delights of Tavistock and the beauty of the Tamar Valley. Further on, explore fishing villages on the south coast and the cathedral city of Exeter. North is Cornwall’s rugged coastline or venture west to The Eden Project and the Lost Gardens of Heligan. National Trust properties abound.
Tim & Victoria Cunningham
- Bio : Tim and Victoria upped sticks from careers in London to farm and raise their family in Devon. The 250-acre organic farm has sheep (guests are welcome to help feed lambs) and suckler cows. Victoria is a very accomplished cook, and with Tim enjoys an outdoor life, riding, cycling, tennis, shooting and sailing when they have spare time. Their exceptional hospitality skills result in a high proportion of return visitors, so early booking is advisable.
- Bed & Breakfast