West Barmoffity Farm B&BKirkpatrick Durham, Castle Douglas, Kirkcudbrightshire, Dumfries & Galloway, DG7 3HL, Scotland
A Scottish rewilding experience, just past Gretna Green
Your hosts spent their first two years at West Barmoffity B&B in a caravan. The work they put in – digging lakes, designing and then building the farmhouse B&B – has created a fantastic home for themselves and their sheep and cattle but also a great destination for wildlife – and now for you.
There are just two guest bedrooms here, a kingsized double and a twin. Both are ensuite, simply furnished as befits a working farm but fabulously comfortable. From every window there are far-reaching rural views and it’s a wonderfully quiet and relaxing place.
You’re not confined to your room here, and are free to use the huge sitting room, complete with log-burning stove, that gives directly out onto a large patio area and an even larger garden, with raised vegetable beds and a summer house. You’re also welcome to explore life on the farm, with the cycle of sheep and cattle co-existing with fantastic birdlife on the farm’s own lake.
West Barmoffity Farm B&B suggests
Bring binoculars. Our pond has mallard, teal, Canada geese, grey lag geese, oyster catchers, lapwings and mute swans; we also see increasing numbers of red kites.
- Children by Arrangement
- Dinner by Arrangement
- Free off-street parking
- Free Wifi
- Nature Reserve, Wildlife Park/Area
- Places of Historical Interest
- Opening Times: Open all year
- Tel: +44 1556 650 631
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mob: +44 7788 486 139
- Price Range: from £100
- Prices per room based on two sharing, including breakfast - £100
- Single occupancy, B&B - £50
- Dinner - £30
Just over the border and the (in)famous Gretna Green, West Barmoffity Farm is perfectly placed to explore a beautiful part of Scotland. Dumfries and Galloway has 200 miles of coastline, with great beaches, and there are castles at Threave, Caerlaverock and Drumlanrig. There's art at the McGill Duncan Gallery in Castle Douglas and Kircudbright is forging a reputation as an artist's town. There are walks from your door, with the farm's own pond attracting mallard, teal, canada geese, grey lag geese, oyster catchers, lapwings and mute swans.
"We could not hope for a better place to stay in this beautiful part of Scotland. Very warm welcome by Jennifer, heart warming and excellent home cooked food (including home reared beef) with amazing views for supper and breakfast. Lovely farmhouse and rooms beautifully decorated."
Scottish Tourist Board 4 Star
Michael & Jennifer Wilson
- Bio : Your hosts here are Michael and Jennifer Wilson, who bought the farmstead in 2004 and lived on it for two years in a caravan - for six months with no electricity. They have left such privations far behind: Jennifer is a fantastic cook and locally-reared beef and lamb often appear on their dinner menus. Breakfasts are lavish and guests here rave about the five-star service that comes with a personal touch.
Bullocks Horn CottageCharlton, Malmesbury, SN16 9DZ, England
- Bed & Breakfast
Boreham HouseBoreham Hill, Boreham Street, East...
- Bed & Breakfast