As part of the estate this historic detached cottage has been fully restored – including three guest bedrooms and wifi throughout. It’s a short walk from the main house, so perfect for either an independent stay for up to five guests, or to combine with friends staying in the main house; ideal for a major family reunion. Most Irish s/c cottages are newly-built and formulaic: this has history and character.
Glenlohane’s Pink Cottage has one double room, one twin and a single bedroom, along with two full bathrooms. Sheets are freshly ironed before your arrival and everything is included, down to the firewood for the open fires. The kitchen is perfectly appointed, there’s a lovely sitting room with a romantic wood-burning stove, a sizeable library and a flat-screen TV with Netflix.
The house is beautifully set amongst the fields, with a suntrap terrace with barbeque to enjoy a glorious sense of rural isolation – though with the facilities of Kanturk just five minutes away by car. You can be as private as you like here, or choose to make contact with your hosts at the Manor House. Pink Cottage is a quarter of a mile from Glenlohane but you’re welcome to challenge your hosts to a game of croquet or mine them for local advice and information.
- Building of Historical Interest
- Free Wifi
- Bird Watching
- Places of Historical Interest
- Opening Times: open all year
- Tel: +353 29 50014
- Price Range: from €945/week
Sleeps 5 - from €945
Saturday to Saturday
Cork Airport is an hour's drive away: you can rent a car or - if you're doing a Moto Excallibur Tour - you can be collected in a Daimler or a Rolls. Check their website for detailed directions: the house is resolutely not marked out as providing accommodation as it resolutely not interested in walk-in guests: The signs to look for are for 'Glenlohane Bird Reserve' - it's a kind of code. Glenlohane welcomes those who seek the property out and intend to stay a while. there are two restaurants in Kanturk, five minutes by car, and a wider choice in Mallow. It's perfectly positioned to explore all the attractions of South West Ireland: Killarney, the Ring of Kerry, the Dingle Peninsula, Blarney Castle, Cork City, Kinsale and Lismore heritage town are all within reach.
Approved by The Irish Tourist Board, member of Hidden Ireland
Desmond, Melanie & Gordon Sharp Bolster
- Bio : Glenholane is the family home of Desmond, Melanie and Gordon Sharp Bolster, the ninth and tenth generations to live in the manor house. Their local knowledge is softened by several years experience living and working in America, making it uniquely accessible. They make every effort to include you into the life of the farm as a treasured guest, dining with you if invited and taking the time to get to know your interests and requirements They share a passion for vintage vehicles and have a selection of sports cars and motorcycles available to hire to explore Ireland in style.