St Mary’s Mount, The Stable AnnexeBelmont, Ulverston, Cumbria, LA12 7HD, England
The Stable Annexe
Since the horse-drawn carriage has withdrawn from service, St Mary’s Mount’s stable block has been repurposed to offer guest accommodation. For parties of six the Stable Annex offers a perfect blend of peace and privacy, with full self-catering facilities but also retaining the option of taking breakfast and other meals in the main house if required.
Accommodation is in two en-suite double/twin bedrooms, with a separate double bedroom with its own private bathroom. Rooms are large and comfortable, and for guests with mobility issues one is on the ground floor. Rooms can be taken on a B&B basis, or as a self-catering unit.
Guests in the Stable Annex have a fully-equipped kitchen and their own dining area. There is also a large, oak-beamed lounge – though this is shared with the other B&B guests in the main house. There is a lovely little terrace for sitting out amongst the flowers and a balcony to make the most of the Ulverston views.
- Building of Historical Interest
- Children by Arrangement
- Dinner by Arrangement
- Free off-street parking
- Free Wifi
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- National Park
- Places of Historical Interest
- Opening Times: open all year
- Tel: +44 (0) 1229 583 372
- Mob: +44 (0)7734 849 005
- Price Range: from £750/week
£750 - £1,200 per week, depending on season
St Mary's Mount's position is ideal; In the grounds you hear only birdsong but the market town of Ulverston is in the view and it is only a short walk down to the restaurants and shops of the centre - and the start of the Cumbria Way. This is one place you can visit without a car - the train station is a mile away - but if you have driven up to explore the lakes, your hosts here seem quite happy for you to leave your car here for a few days if heading off on a major hike in the Lake District National Park. Local attractions include Lake Windermere, the Yorkshire Dales, Holker Hall, Muncaster Castle, Haverthwaite steam railway and more.
Gerry & Marion Bobbett
- Bio : Your hosts here are Gerry and Marion Bobbett, both keen fell walkers who are happy to advise hikers - and make them packed lunches to send them on their way. Marion has a background in catering and hospitality and her kitchen skills are legendary, whether you're enjoying breakfasts with home-made marmalades and eggs fresh from the property's own chickens, or lavish three-course evening meals. They used to run a wine shop in Ulvertson and have a passion for fine food and special vintages.