Barclay Cottage, BiddendenWoolpack Corner, Tenterden Rd, Biddenden, Ashford TN27 8BH, England
A rural retreat in the Kentish countryside
Barclay Cottage offers magnificent accommodation for three in a beautifully refurbished two-bedroom cottage. Sadly no children under 12 as the wildlife pond is deep.
Barclay Farmhouse is a great bolt-hole and getaway for a quiet few days relaxation, contemplation or thought.
- Free off-street parking
- Free Wifi
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- Air Sports (gliding/ballooning etc)
- Bird Watching
- Local Park
- Museums & Galleries
- Nature Reserve, Wildlife Park/Area
- Places of Historical Interest
- Train Station
- Opening Times: open year round
- Tel: +44 (0)1580 292 626
- Mob: +44 (0)7734 012 150
- Price Range: from £400/week
Price per week for Barclay Cottage
Barclays Farmhouse is conveniently located close to the coast, with picturesque towns and villages such as Sissinghurst (with Vita Sackville-West's Sissinghurst Castle Garden), Tenterden and Cranbrook to name a few, all surrounded by spectacular scenery and unspoilt countryside. The beaches at Camber Sands and Rye are 40 minutes away by car; the Channel Tunnel 45.
"A really beautiful place to stay, made our weekend all the more wonderful with the warm and friendly atmosphere. Thank you very much. All the best for the future. We shall definitely visit again."
Claire and Richard, Dover, Kent
VisitEngland 5 star Gold Award and Breakfast Award, Pride in Ashford and Tenterden Award, Best Bed and Breakfast 2010 and Overal Winner for 2010, Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence
- Bio : After a career in the diplomatic service, Lynn Ruse settled down in Kent 15 years ago, devoting her time to renovating Barclay Farmhouse and Barclay Cottage, and welcoming guests into her family home. Her proximity to the tunnel means the atmosphere is invariably cosmopolitan, with many guests returning year after year.